Twitter is full of great information for, by, and about nonprofits. It was hard to choose from a very long list, but here are some of my favorite Twitter accounts dedicated to the advancement of the nonprofit community. Feel free to contribute more names in the comments section.
Start with these folks and then consider adding the people they follow.
- Beth Kanter, top nonprofit blogger and social media consultant @kanter
- DIOSA Communications (Heather Mansfield) @nonprofitorgs
- John Haydon, nonprofit Facebook specialist @johnhaydon
- Katya Andresen, Network for Good COO and nonprofit expert @katyaN4G
- Estrella Rosenberg, expert speaker and blogger on philanthropy @charityestrella
- Pamela Grow, fundraising and grant specialist @PamelaGrow
- Guide Star @GuideStarUSA
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy @Philanthropy
- The NonProfit Times @NonProfitTimes
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) @AFPIHQ
- TechSoup Global @TechSoup
- Idealist.org @idealist
And here’s some great advice about Twitter:
How do you use Twitter for your nonprofit or for-profit enterprise?
Photo credit: xotoko on flickr, licensed through Creative Commons.